Monday, December 15, 2008

This Christmas..



Time passes so quickly! It seems like it was just yesterday I was picking my soldier up from his 13 month deployment! He's been home almost 2 years now but I cannot get the lonely Christmas he spent away from home out of my mind. It's this time of year that most American's start worrying themselves over finding the right gift at the right price for that special someone. We tend to forget that the world is not always a beautiful place and that there are people out there suffering and dying for a cause that we take for granted. Few stop to think about or pray for the soldiers away from home, or the wives, children, mother's, fathers, siblings or friends at home missing them. I too have been one of those people. It wasn't until my soldier was gone that I realized how extremely lucky I am! Freedom bears a huge cost and it is my prayer this Christmas that we never forget that, nor will we ever forget the soldiers who paid the price for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment