Friday, December 12, 2008

My Dilemma

It's not even 8:00 AM when I log into my online Law and Society class to get my new assignment. Immediately I was annoyed. Great way to start the day huh?! My assignment is to write a 2 page paper on my thoughts on capital punishment! Sounds easy right? Wrong. My dilemma is this: do I write the paper that I know my professor is wanting and risk my grade (she is very much against capital punishment) or do I write the paper on my thoughts on the subject (which if you haven't figured it out yet do not correspond with the prof's)!? I started doing some research and read about 100 articles both for and against before I said forget it. I'm writing a paper on what I think and I'll back it up with statistics and research. Let's all pray for an A! I mean if she didn't want my opinion she shouldn't have asked for it!

5 comments:

  1. If your professor is who I think it is...

    Ok, you already know my opinion on this. :) Or on the professor, I should say.

    I'm doing a research project on gun control because half the people in my class are pro... and they're stupid. So you go girl. They only give you an A- if they disagree, no worse than that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, learned that the hard way from our favorite (or not so favorite) terrorism teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah... that's the A- I was referring to. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did the paper go? I wish I was back in school sometimes...being 40-something means I don't have to worry about taking any sh** off the professor. Some of what I hear about really pisses me off. But 'traditionalists' (how I refer to myself these days) have to have ALL their facts and figures together to have a chance in these classes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The paper went okay. She gave me a B on the paper but an A in the class.. I'll take that! She did comment that my paper should have presented "both" sides of the issue. Although I did present the "against" side and why the "against" claims were not adequate.

    ReplyDelete