Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Dave Ramsey and FPU

My husband and I have been talking for a while about saving money and budgeting our income so that we don't blow so much of it. We make a fairly decent income for our family and don't really pay much attention to how much of our income we are blowing rather than putting it towards paying off our home mortgage or our car loans. I've wanted to do the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace Budget for a while but I have been putting it off (honestly because I don't want to limit my spending, I rather enjoy eating out when I want to). However, being as it is a new year now, I have decided to do it!

However, 10 minutes into creating our budget, Dave Ramsey has hacked me off.

This is going to be fun....

.............not..................

7 comments:

  1. A) Who is Dave Ramsey?
    B) Why has he made you mad already?
    C) Friday is after the 1st... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A) He's this one dude.....
    B) He wants me to pay off my cars and my school loan. Fat chance that's gonna happen.
    C) Have I mentioned I hate you yet? :)

    Okay.. seriously he's this Christian author who does these seminars on how to save your money and pay off your debt. He created a whole budget plan. You ever hear of using the "envelope" budget plan? That's Dave Ramsey....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of the "envelope" budget plan. I don't like the idea of budgeting. Or of thinking about my student loans, for that matter...

    A) Great description
    B) Don't worry, it won't happen with me either. I intend to stay in school for the rest of my life, so as to continually postpone my student loans. I like my plan better, don't you?
    C) You so don't.

    D) I like your quote MUCH better. I may steal it. I hadn't heard it but it's excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A) Listen to this dudette (me)

    B) Think you're mad now? Wait till you're a 40-something year old dudette w/o a budget. (again, me!)

    C) Don't hate me because I'm beautiful (wait...that line is 20 years too old for me, lol!) Umm, seriously...budget. It will be worth it. Promise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. Who does present a very valid point...



    ...you just hate me because I'm beautiful. ;) Oh, maybe I missed the point...

    ReplyDelete