Friday, January 30, 2009

The decision is made..

My husband has decided to reenlist. I'm both happy and scared. I love that my husband is a soldier. I'm so incredibly proud of him for his bravery and his service, yet I am terrified of another deployment. Don't get me wrong, I accept that he will probably go again and I'm okay with that for the most part, I married a soldier and I accept that duty, however accepting it is not the same as being happy about it. It's a sad, lonely life when your soldier is gone from home for a year and a half.

That all being said, I must say that I am very proud of my soldier and look forward to whatever God brings our way!

3 comments:

  1. Now see...that makes me sad. I don't want him to go again! I am proud of him for defending our freedom, but man, it killed me last time when he was gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has an appt. with a Major on post today to start his reenlistment papers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you both...my eldest stepson enlisted in the Army this past week. What a crazy mix of feelings...proud and scared at the same time.

    ReplyDelete